Tony Conte

Founder, Chromabill
First-time founder. 🦄 Love to read! Got a book recommendation for me or tips on how I can be a better first-time founder? Let's connect! :) Currently reading: 📚 Rich Dad, Poor Dad
As an early-stage founder, I'm pretty limited in terms of the type of benefits I can really offer my employees. However, I know that treating my employees with respect and giving back to them is extremely important for me. I know hard my employees work, and having them on the team to support our development has been a huge blessing. I wanted to do something special for them this week so during a stand-up call we had this week, I announced a new benefit: Company-Wide Subscriptions. 

This is a new benefit for all employees that will enable them to get access to HBO Max at company cost. This allows my employees a small benefit to working at the company. They can enjoy watching originals, tv shows, and movies from the comfort of their homes after a long day of hard work. 

Even as an early-stage company, you can always find ways to make your employees happy and support them for their hard work! Hoping to grow to even more subscriptions as we keep growing our revenue.  ❤️
Good job thinking about employee benefits at an early stage 👏

the last company I worked at does something similar to this. It lets you run a stippend program for your employees and you can essentially give your employees dedicated cash to spend on specific things (health, food, amazon, entertainment, etc...). They're called Hoppier, might be worth checking out! 
Tony Conte replied
  ·  1 reply
That's really generous, Tony.

Being a part of an early-stage company, it is given, that there are fewer perks, but more learnings + a better growth opportunity (given the company grows). 

At the same time, recognizing the hard-work of co-workers is something that is very well received. I'd say - a combination of growth opportunity + assurance of a better remuneration in the future + efforts like yours of providing HBO = keeps them connected with you.
Tony Conte replied
  ·  1 reply
Hey everyone! I hope you all enjoyed the Labor Day weekend.
We recently updated the website design for our website. Added some new color to our main landing page as well as updated our About Page to be more crystal clear on our mission and even added a Ratings / Reviews section. Would love to get some feedback/critiques on how to make it even better! Visit Website Here
Hey Deep!

Thank you so much for this feedback, means a lot! You really went all-in with the critique!! I really appreciate it. Gonna try to address the issues one by one:

The log in button is hard to find because of the less color-contrast with the background.
I changed the color to teal so it's easier to see.

To make it smaller and look smoother, I'd delete the logo from the box.
I moved up the CTA to the top and deleted the logo.

This whole section looks really empty. I'd add more content with the FAB formula - features, advantages, benefits.
Do you have any idea what I could add here to make it look more populated but yet minimalistic at the same time?

But, design-wise, I like it with the color-contrast and how you changed the 'track's color to black. Oh, and for sure increase the size of the sub-heading.
Thank you, Deep! Appreciate the feedback. I updated the sub-heading size to make it a little bit bigger. 

Something I learned from the page is how you click on a link (ex. about us), it doesn't load a different page but a different section on the same page. How can we do this? 😮
Not sure what you mean by this but I recently updated the navigation bar on the website. Can you check it once again and let me know if you run into the same issue? 

You'd know this better than me (and may not be a big deal), but in the form, instead of asking for - first name, last name, and email. I'd ask for - first name, email, and 'the message.
I would love to make this process as simple as possible but since we are a financial service company, we have to do our part to collect as much data on our users as possible, including first and last names.

I think it's a cool idea to have this on the landing page. To make it more interactive, You can go one step further by recording a video (screen capture video) of a conversation like this happening -> convert it to .gif.
By this did you mean the support capture? If so, I wanted to keep the support on a different section from the landing page in case we add in a knowledge base on that section. 

or, even further - you can create a chatbot that actually people can engage with live on the landing page. For now, give people only a few choices to play with, so it doesn't take you time to build one. Using no-code tools, it'd not take you more than an hour but would add a good interactive element.
We do have a chatbot via Intercom on the landing page that interacts with the users when they first land on it. Do you mind elaborating on what the chatbot would do/say? 

I'd also add one more CTA at the end of the page. If you're comfortable, somewhere in the middle of the page. I've seen people testing adding CTAs on every section (scroll) of the page
I think this is a great idea. Definitely don't want to disturb the users by putting CTAs everywhere but I'll look into the best place to place another CTA further down the page. 

Once again, really appreciate all the feedback 
Deep Kakkad !!!
Hey, Tony. Nice re-design. I'm doing a tear-down for you, pointing out the not-so-good things. Overall it looks better than the previous one, from what I remember visiting it the last time 🏆

Here are my 2 cents -

• I like the design of the title/heading.

• The log in button is hard to find because of the less color-contrast with the background.

• I'd definitely try to fit in the secondary CTA (email capture) keep it in the first-fold.

To make it smaller and look smoother, I'd delete the logo from the box.

There's also a lot of white-space (or greenish with the background color haha) on the left side of the email capture form.

• This whole section looks really empty. I'd add more content with the FAB formula - features, advantages, benefits.

But, design-wise, I like it with the color-contrast and how you changed the 'track's color to black. Oh, and for sure increase the size of the sub-heading.

• Something I learned from the page is how you click on a link (ex. about us), it doesn't load a different page but a different section on the same page. How can we do this? 😮

• You'd know this better than me (and may not be a big deal), but in the form, instead of asking for - first name, last name, and email. I'd ask for - first name, email, and 'the message (suggestion/question/help/query/etc)'

• I think it's a cool idea to have this on the landing page. To make it more interactive, You can go one step further by recording a video (screencapture video) of a conversation like this happening -> convert it to .gif.

or, even further - you can create a chatbot that actually people can engage with live on the landing page. For now, give people only a few choices to play with, so it doesn't take you time to build one. Using no-code tools, it'd not take you more than an hour but would add a good interactive element.

• I'd also add one more CTA at the end of the page. If you're comfortable, somewhere in the middle of the page. I've seen people testing adding CTAs on every section (scroll) of the page.
[Edit] We're moving forward to the Final Stage of the interview for IBM's new accelerator! I'll keep you all updated on how the interview goes. 

Hey everyone. Not sure if I'm allowed to post on here or not but I wanted to share some great news. I just got an email today saying that our team has been selected to proceed to the Semi-Finalist Interview stage for IBM Hyper Protect Accelerator 2020!

We'll be interviewing with their team tomorrow! I'm really looking forward to it. We're also in consideration for another accelerator, one of the largest industry-focused accelerators: Startupbootcamp FinTech Melbourne!

Back in June, we got accepted into a broad accelerator (focused on B2B and B2C) called Elevate 2020 sponsored by HubSpot and Greycroft Ventures. We learned a tremendous amount on how to go-to-market and delight customers during their workshops but unfortunately, we weren't selected to pitch our idea to investors during Demo Day. Oh well, their loss!

😅 I'll keep you all updated on our progress!

P.S. We beat out one of our competitors (https://copilot.money/) in gross finance ranking yesterday ;) That was a pretty huge win. Especially since CoPilot is created by two Ex-Googlers. 

Wohooo! Congrats Tony :) 

We're sure you'll make it.
That's awesome Tony!! Let us know how the technical interview goes 👏